Friday, May 21, 2010

Setting a new Goal.....

Blogging... something that I have come to find harder than I thought. I love to read blogs that some of my friends have and look at their great pics. I think that reading them inspires me in so many ways. To be a better writer, to be honest, to be real, to share our life in a very personal way. So many things that I want to do but just need to practice at. So from here on out, I am going to start blogging more and about different things. So let's start with today:
It is now 1:19 in the afternoon and I am still in my PJ's. I have fed and bathed Oliver, wrestled with him to go down for his morning nap, washed the dishes, cleaned the kitchen and living room and still managed to not get dressed.... I swore I wouldn't be "that" mom. Ha! I am not this way everyday though.
Friday is the day that I usually enjoy knowing that Brandon will have the next 2 whole days to spend with Oliver and I, but that is not the case. Ever since he started working for this company he has worked every Saturday and has put in somewhere between 60-65 hours each week. It is killing me! I feel like we are just strangers sometimes. He hates this job and wants something new so bad, but there really isn't too much available. I knew that moving home, that was my biggest fear that he would hate his new job. Fortunately the people he works with are great and he has really clicked with all of them. For anyone who knows the kind of work that Brandon has done in the past, this couldn't be any more different. He is doing manual labor now and getting very dirty!!! ha! He doesn't mind the work really, it is just the long hours and Saturdays.
Our lake cottage has been under construction just about ever since we moved in. God is so humorous sometimes in the way he works- let me explain. I probably complained every other day about washing Oliver's bottles when we lived in Indianapolis and now I am washing dishes everyday by hand!!! ha. I have never wanted a dishwasher so bad. Our clothes dryer isn't producing any heat now, and so I had to call a repair man which is $35 and then if they fix it, another $35 and then who knows what for the part!! I was so frustrated about this because I am sure that it is something that is so so simple.
Well I guess this was a good start to my new goal... I can tell I need practice with my writing though. I feel that it is good for the soul to get these frustrations out somehow! Ta Ta

No comments: