Monday, May 24, 2010

Not about me anymore




This weekend was beautiful. Brandon only had to work a half day on Saturday and so we spent the afternoon together and all day Sunday. We have went on two pontoon rides during the week and Oliver was not very good. He wanted to walk around and go straight for the gates to look over the edge at the water. This wouldn't of scared me so much, but we hadn't gotten him a life vest yet- so I had to hold him the whole time. My son hates to be constrained in any way so it was not fun. After church on Sunday we went with Brandon's dad and stepmom and they wanted to buy Oliver a life vest which was so nice of them. We get back to the house and we decide to go for a ride and try out the vest. Well he seemed to hate it at first but I think it was because he was so dang hot in it, so we dipped him in the water (which was chilly) but he loved it.
I couldn't help but think back to all the past summers I had spent on the lake or a pontoon.... all I needed to get around was my sunscreen, towel and lay back and soak in the sun.. ahhh, peaceful. It was whatever I wanted. Well I think sometimes you don't realize how much freedom you had before kids until you have one! ha. This boat ride being the perfect example. Being a mom, along with being a good wife is one word- sacrifice. Brandon kept pointing out houses to me on the lake and just relaxing and driving the pontoon- I am constantly trying to keep Oliver entertained! ha! It is so worth it though- I am grateful for the responsibility. This life of being a mom though is still setting in for me, all of my life it was just me to take care of and now it isn't.

No comments: