Friday, April 29, 2011

The Royal Wedding

Today is my sister Carly's 17th birthday and we are all going out to eat at Applebee's tonight. Turning 17 and being a mother of an almost 5 month old is hard to imagine for me! She is such a wonderful little mother though and I have enjoyed raising our boys up together.
Today is also the day that Prince William and Catherine Middleton became husband and wife. I did not get up at 4 am to watch the wedding, but I did get up at 6 for work and caught bits and pieces of the ceremony. From that point on and even all morning at work, I haven't been able to take my eyes of the wedding coverage! I loved her dress, I loved the simple kiss, the whole thing was just lovely in my eyes! Last night Brandon and I were watching a behind the scenes special on what it takes to get this wedding going. It was really intriguing.
I can't help but be interested in the history behind Royalty since we do not have that in the U.S. I really think there is something special and historical about it that I almost envy. There is class, and respect, and loyalty there that seems to be missing in America. As I ate my cereal this morning and caught some of the ceremony, I got to thinking.... This is wonderful that this many people are celebrating a man and woman coming together in a Church to celebrate their love with Marriage. Sadly Americans now days look down upon marriage as a joke and not important. And a marriage in a church?? Not as common now in America. A good handful of celebrities now days refuse marriage until all gays and lesbians have the right to get married wherever!!! What has happened to America's class, and respect, and loyalty..... it has been replaced by rude, raunchy, and liberal thoughts/ actions.
I want some tact back in this world...
I want some old school royalty in my life....
Thoughts?

No comments: